Both a brow lift and a facelift can offer dramatic anti-aging results to those ready for plastic surgery. But which procedure is the right choice for you? Deciding between a facelift and a brow lift begins by identifying the specific results you are hoping to achieve.
A facelift is addresses aging concerns in the mid to lower face. Reasons to consider a facelift might include:
- Loose, sagging skin around the cheekbones
- Displaced fat in the mid to lower face
- Sagging skin at the jawline (jowls)
- Facial lines around the nose and mouth
- Loose skin that gives the appearance of a double chin
Facelift incisions are generally made in front of the ear, allowing access to the deeper tissues in the face. Tightening the muscle and fat layer and conservatively removing excess skin give the face a smoother, rejuvenated contour. The procedure targets the middle of the face, the jawline and neck creating a firmer, more youthful facial profile.
A brow lift focuses on sagging skin and facial creases between the upper eyelid and the hairline. This procedure primarily aims to address:
- Horizontal forehead wrinkles
- Frown lines (vertical lines that appear between the eyebrows)
- Creases across the bridge of the nose
- Drooping eyebrows that make you look older or tired
- Sagging skin between the brow and upper eyelid
The brow lift typically involves incisions along the hairline that allow for tightening of the forehead tissue, weakening of frown muscles and limited removal of excess skin. A brow lift is often combined with blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) to enhance results.
The choice between the brow lift and facelift will depend areas of greatest concern. For some patients, a combination of the two procedures might be necessary to produce the desired results. Patients may be able to have both surgeries in a single session, eliminating the need for a double dose of anesthesia and a second recovery period.
Dr. Kahlil Andrews performs both brow and face lifts. His experience with both procedures helps him create natural, beautiful results. To learn more these and other cosmetic procedures, contact Dr. Andrews at Dr. Andrews Plastic Surgery. Phone: 319-800-6877.