In order to protect yourself, our staff, and others during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have made some changes to our appointment policies.
Please call ahead before any visit
In our effort to reduce community spread of COVID-19, we are asking all patients to please call ahead before visiting the clinic. We ask that all patients come to their appointment alone if possible. No children in the office.
Change in hours
From April 6 to April 30, our temporary hours are 9 am – 3 pm. We will have emergency phone lines open after 3 pm.
COVID-19 exposure or symptoms
If you have symptoms including fever, cough, and/or difficulty breathing, and you have been in contact with a person with COVID19 please contact your primary care provider before visiting a medical facility. You will go through an assessment over the phone to help protect others from possible exposure to the virus.
Our response to COVID-19
As healthcare professionals, we are committed to taking every precaution to provide the safest possible treatment environment. We are strictly adhering to all guidelines administered by the CDC. Our offices are continually sanitized and deep cleaned. We are also taking additional measures to ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff:
- We are providing multi-stage screening for all patients:
- Pre-appointment – We will call all of our patients two days prior to their scheduled appointments to determine if they are experiencing any symptoms.
- Appointment – We will be screening our patients upon entering our office on their current health condition.
- We have made hand sanitizer available upon entering, throughout your visit, and upon exiting our practice.
- We continue to sanitize all service rooms in our practice and highly trafficked areas multiple times a day.
- We are limiting physical contact outside of exam rooms.
- All of our healthcare providers are wearing safety masks and gloves for every exam and procedure.
- We are replacing all of our linens with paper, sterile drapes and coverings.
- We are streamlining our appointments to avoid crowded waiting rooms.
- We have notified our staff to stay home if they feel any symptoms related to COVID-19, feel they may have been exposed to it, or have any other reason to do so.
- We encourage all of our patients to inform us if they are experiencing any symptoms of cold or flu and will gladly work with you to reschedule an appointment*
Feel that you need a reliable source of information? We encourage our patients to follow medically accredited sources for information on COVID-19. Below are sources we believe to be reliable:
We are prepared and able to see all our patients in the safest and most controlled manner. We wish you calmness and good health during this time.